Friday 12 August 2016

Spicy Buffalo Wings



Fowl 

How about some wings, no way I could do chicken month and not do some buffalo wings. I already shared with you guys the easiest and best ever honey bbq wings so it only makes sense that I complete the duo and drop a recipe for spicy buffalo wings.

 I have a serious love hate relationship with Buffalo wings that stems from my college days at NYIT. Back when we used to dorm at Central Islip in Long Island NY, our afterhours diet consisted of cup a noodle soups, easy macs and fast food. And the only and I mean single solitary place you could get food at 1am was Domino’s pizza. And for whatever reason the staff at the said location could not differentiate between bbq and buffalo wings. Too many time did we order bbq wings and buffalo arrived instead. Under normal circumstances you could just not eat it. But at 1am, starving after you are pulling an all-nighter to get work done you have to just eat what you can get your hands on.

Apart from dominos I can name maybe three instances in my life where I ordered buffalo wings and they were good. The thing is I like a sweeter and spicy buffalo wing. Most places the wings are not spicy at all, and the sauce is super tangy, most times to the point that you can’t even eat more than 2 or 3 wings. I made sure to balance all the notes in this wing, sour, sweet and spicy.

Yall must be looking at the ingredient list with a side eye. I’m not gonna lie, I literally threw every single hot pepper I had on my shelves into the buffalo sauce. It made for a lovely, spicy and flavorful balance of pepper, because the siracha, habanero, jalapeno and chipotle all add a different flavor. If you can’t get all the different salts and peppers follow the simplified ingredient list. It should come out just as yummy. But if you can get your hands on all these ingredients (got the ground powders at whole foods and the salts at tjmaxx) you will be in for a treat.






2 Scotch bonnet peppers
½ cup Oil
½  cup Honey
¼ cup vinegar
¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
½ teaspoon habanero salt
½ teaspoon Jalapeno salt
1 teaspoon Siracha salt (half for the remaining marinade)
¼ teaspoon Chipotle powder
¼ teaspoon Habanero powder
1 tablespoon Onion powder
1 tablespoon Garlic powder
1 tablespoon Allspice
1 tablespoon Paprika
½ teaspoon Liquid smoke

Simplified Ingredients

2 Scotch bonnet peppers
½ cup Oil
½  cup Honey
¼ cup vinegar
¾  teaspoon Cayenne pepper
2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Onion powder
1 tablespoon Garlic powder
1 tablespoon Allspice
1 tablespoon Paprika
½ teaspoon Liquid smoke



Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment