Tuesday 27 March 2018

Lobster Pot Pie


"Something Smells Fishy"


Another lobster recipe? I know what you must be thinking. So far this month I’ve been on a shell fish run. I have cooked mussels, lobster, shrimp and conch. You must be wondering where is the fish? I had three more lobster tails and I’ve been meaning to make a pot pie for weeks. So, if your not into shell fish look out for the next two posts to finish off March. If you are a lobster lover, then this one is for you.

It’s been a while since I made a pot pie. Usually my pot pies are topped with a pie crust. But I find pie crusts never usually gives you enough weight to balance off the heartiness of the stew inside. Its deliciously thin and flakey but might as well be air in comparison to the rich lobster filled mix it blankets. I much prefer a biscuit or even a mashed potato topped pie. One would argue that a pot pie is only a pot pie if its topped with pie crust. Pick your poison. If crust if your thing, go for it. If you prefer the biscuits, then go for that.

This is a fantastic way to make a small amount of lobster tails feed a whole lot of people. You can easily feed 6 persons with only 3 lobster tails. I know you may be wondering about the potatoes. I find its needed because the starch in it helps to thicken up the whole sauce. So, I would not leave it out or sub it with anything else. I am not a fan of lobster, but this was still pretty yum. Quite yum!





Link to biscuit recipes:
http://greedygirlcooks.blogspot.com/2015/11/cheesy-ranch-biscuitsred-lobster-style.html
http://greedygirlcooks.blogspot.com/2014/11/rosemary-garlic-cream-biscuits.html


3-4 Lobster tails
½  cup Carrots finely chopped
½  cup Onions finely chopped
½  cup Celery finely chopped
½  cup chopped Parsley chopped
1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
6 Garlic cloves shredded
1 large potato finely chopped
1 cup sweet peas
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon sugar (optional)
1 tablespoon salted Butter
1 ½ tablespoon Coconut oil
1 cup heavy cream
2 cup lobster stock (salted)
Biscuit dough (store bought, or home made)

Greedy tips:
  • If you want it a little spicy add a teaspoon of red pepper flakes to the mixture
  • Make sure to cool the mixture just for 5 to 10 minutes so the biscuits are not placed on piping hot filling.
  • brush the tops of the biscuit with melted butter, before baking, I forgot to do that in the vids







Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment