Friday 31 January 2014

Cherry chocolate chip cheesecake Blondie’s



"Feast of Saint Valentine"



The last recipe of chocolate month, and I am so happy to be done with chocolate (for now). I find the months where my theme centers around one ingredient gets really tedious by the third week. None-the-less I decided to bring these Blondie’s to the blog. Why? because I made these for the first time as Christmas treats that I put in mini dessert jars and gave to family members. I didn’t add the cherries or chocolate chips then, so I thought it would be a great way to revamp the recipe.


Christmas Blondies


Truthfully I wanted strawberry filling in the center not really cherries to stay true to the traditional cheesecake flavors. However as per the usual, Jamaican supermarkets don’t always have everything, all they had was apple filling. Sometime I wish there was a whole foods, or a stop and shop around the corner. I so miss having every ingredient imaginable at the tip of my fingertips…sigh…none the less the cocktail cherries actually turned out quite amazing. I was worried they would over power the whole thing because their flavor is so distinct (hence I didn’t use too much) but they were fine.





Makes 9 blondies

 Ingredients (printable recipe)

Cream cheese filling
1 8oz pack cream cheese
½ cup white sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
Blend all this together and place in a piping bag

Batter
1 stick unsalted butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
½ tsp. almond extract
1 cup flour
1 tsp. salt
1 cup chocolate chips
15 Maraschino cherries
1/2 cup cream cheese filling
Wax/parchment paper





I would have made my own strawberry filling, but laziness got the best of me. These squares are very moist and chewy in the center and crispy on the outside. So yummy!!!



Greedy tips:




  • The batter can be a bit difficult to spread, don’t worry if it’s not completely filling each corner, as it cooks it will spread to fill.
  • You can use strawberry filling instead of cherries if you like
  • the more cream cheese filling in the c enter the softer/gooey-er the center will be when baked
  • Bake at 350 for 40 minutes
  • Allow it to cool before slicing



  • If your into cooking for your significant other this valentine’s day you have a plethora of chocolaty choices 

    In case you missed it…


















     












     Xoxo Greedygirl



    No comments:

    Post a Comment