Friday 29 May 2015

Parsley soufflé omelette


The best way to eat an egg!


In researching omelette types I discovered the soufflé omelette. An interesting method where the whites are whipped separately from the yolks then combined to make a fluffier fuller omelette. I decided to use a few herbs, some flavored cheese and put the method to the test. It really does work.

Having that extra step in the process was not strange at all. My pancakes are made in just the same way to get them fluffier. However with the soufflé omelette, you don’t want stiff peaks with the egg whites. You want it frothy and aerated (that stage right before they would turn onto stiff peaks). With that said it might be best to use a hand whisk than an electric one to ensure the whites don’t get over done.

I realized that I achieved the same fluffy texture when I beat the ricotta into the eggs from the roasted red pepper and ricotta omelette. Even though it was delicious, I am inclined never to try the soufflé method again, but rather just add some ricotta to my egg mixture and call it breakfast. 

It is the end of omelette month and I can’t say I’m sad about it. Earlier in the month I was in New York and I made all the omelettes in three days. So I really just sat back and relaxed for the rest of the month without any major cooking responsibilities. So now my free weekends have ended. So I’m back to cooking two recipes every Saturday.




2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
¼ teaspoon Salt
¼ teaspoon Black pepper
 ¼ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon coconut oil or butter
¼ cup chopped parsley
1 teaspoon thyme leaves
¼ cup steakhouse onion cheese



In case you missed it...


 


Potato and bacon omelette







Cheese burger omelette






 Roasted red pepper and ricotta






Meat lovers omelette






Broccoli omelette






Mushroom omelette






Pepperoni pizza omelette






Spinach and tumeric with caramelized onion omelette








Xoxo Greedygirl

No comments:

Post a Comment