Friday 27 November 2015

Curry Beef Crescent Rolls


"Christmas is coming"


Ground beef always gets left behind at Christmas in favor of the glorious roast chicken and baked ham. But this Christmas you can put your pocket friendly, 80/20 ground beef to good use. This recipe is easy and delicious (aren’t they all). The beef, curry and coconut milk all in a buttery flaky crescent roll…say no more.

I bet your wondering how this recipe fits into the Christmas menu. Let me explain the inevitable scenario. Its Christmas day, the chefs are slaving away in the kitchen, dinner won’t be ready for a while, but everyone is hungry.  This is the perfect time for these curry beef crescent rolls. Make the beef filling from the day before and right when everyone is moseying around the kitchen to find food just fill the dough and bake for a quick delicious pick me up. Or you can serve this on the table as a delicious side dish. 

The day I made these I was super lazy and annoyed with all things food. My tripod legs gave up on life while I was filming this and the yellow yam croquettes.  I made the filling and I was just so over cooking that day I wanted to pair it with some crackers and be done with it. Thankfully the lazy devil not overtake me and I pushed through, decided to take the extra time and open up the cans of crescent rolls. It’s not like I had to make the dough from scratch (I kept telling myself). It was worth the effort, delicious plus tax.  And the crescent rolls had a sweetness that really balanced the whole thing quite well. 

This is a 365 recipe; make it any time any place. And with this post I can stop saying Christmas is coming and say Christmas is here. Next week Tuesday is December 1st and we all know how super-fast the months fly by. Can’t believe 2015 is almost over. And happy belated thanksgiving!!!!!!!!
 




¼ cup chopped scallion
1 tablespoon thyme leaves
2 cloves shredded garlic
1 medium onion chopped
1 lb ground beef
1 teaspoon allspice
¼ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoon oil
1 ½ tablespoon curry powder
1 cup coconut milk
½ teaspoon sugar
Pillsbury crescent rolls







Check out all this months past recipes

In case you missed it....
  





Xoxo Greedygirl
 

No comments:

Post a Comment